Terms and Conditions
- Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express
- Checks, Cashier's Checks, and Money Orders payments mail directly to:
Pacific Coast Vacation Properties, Inc.
P.O. Box 90111
San Diego, CA 92169
- Reservations canceled 30 days or more prior to arrival date are refundable without a cancellation fee.
- Reservations cancelled 30 days or fewer are non-refundable.
- Holiday reservations are non-refundable.
1. ONLINE RESERVATIONS:
Reservations made online are not guaranteed until confirmed by Management.
Expect confirmation email containing "Arrival Info" within 48 hours of online
booking. Online rates are subject to change without notice until confirmed with
2. PROPERTY: Occupant
rents, for vacation purposes only, the furnished real property and improvements
described as: (Address of Rental), situated in the city of San Diego,
3. ARRIVAL &
Check-in is no earlier than 3:00 PM on arrival date. Checkout is NO LATER than 10:00 AM on the departure date.
It is VERY important that these times be adhered to. Late fees will accrue at the rate of $75 per half hour that you are late exiting the home starting at 10:30 am. If Guests continue to occupy Premises past 12 noon on scheduled departure date, Guest will be charged for an additional nights stay. Any requests for early or late checkout MUST be approved by management prior to respective check in or checkout.
4. AUTHORIZED USE AND GUESTS: The Premises are for the sole use as a personal vacation residence by (Client Name) (Authorized Guests). (Client Name) is responsible for any guests that use the property during the term of this agreement. Authorized Guests may not exceed the total allowable Guests for Property at any time. No other guests, visitors, or persons are permitted if at max allowable. If the Premises are used, in any way, by more or different persons than those identified in this paragraph, (i) Occupant, Authorized Guests and all others may be required to immediately leave the Premises or be removed from the Premises; (ii) Occupant is in breach of this Agreement; and (iii) Occupant forfeits their right to return of any monies collected.
5. PAYMENTS: The
Premises will not be held for Occupant until:
If booked online, Outside 30 Days of Arrival: Reservation Deposit of $500 has been received and terms have been accepted. 100% Balance Payment due 30 Days before Arrival and will be charged automatically to same credit card used, unless communicated otherwise.
If booked online, Within 30 Days of Arrival: 100% of Total Cost has been received and terms have been accepted.
Reservations may be cancelled within 24 hours of initial reservation with a full refund minus a $50 processing fee.
PCVP offers Travelers Insurance through CSA Travel. Please see item 8 for detail.
6. BALANCE DUE; LATE
CHARGE: If Balance Payment is not received by applicable Due Date, PCVP may, at
PCVPs sole discretion, either terminate this Agreement or impose a late charge
of $200 or 10% of Unpaid Late Balance, whichever is greater. Reservation
Payment will be forfeited if the Agreement is terminated, as it is NONREFUNDABLE.
7. SECURITY DEPOSIT: In
lieu of Cash Deposit, PCVP requires a Valid Credit Card upon Reservation.*
Occupant hereby grants consent for PCVP to charge Credit Card on file for any
damages, missing items, excessive cleaning, and, if necessary, cost incurred to
remove occupant from property.
*If Guest is under the age of 25, PCVP requires a cash deposit in the amount of $1000 due upon booking. Such Deposit will be held until after Guests Departure and PCVP has confirmed there has been no excessive wear and/or damage to the Premises.
8. CANCELLATION; REFUND; INSURANCE: CSA Vacation Rental Insurance has been offered with your reservation. Vacation Rental Insurance reimburses for pre-paid, non-refundable expenses due to certain unforeseeable circumstances that may jeopardize your vacation investment and force you to incur unplanned expenses. (See full details below) We strongly recommend you purchase this valuable protection.
If no travel insurance is purchased and reservation is cancelled within 30 days of arrival date, PCVP will make reasonable effort to fill the property if Authorized Guest is forced to cancel Reservation. If able to fill the Reservation through another guest, Authorized Guest will be entitled to full refund less 10% of Reservation Total Cost. If reservation is cancelled within 30 days of arrival date and PCVP cant fill reservation, Authorized Guest agrees to forfeit all monies paid up to cancellation date.
9. OCCUPANCY: Authorized Guest is person who will occupy the Premises. Parents may not book Premises for their children. Authorized Guest must be present on Premises for the Time of the reservation, and assumes full responsibility of all guests. No unlawful activity or any other activity that constitutes a nuisance or noise issue is permitted on Premises. No parties are permitted on Premises. Overcrowding or misrepresentation is grounds for immediate revocation of the license to the Property, and removal of Occupants without refund. Authorized Guest takes full responsibility for all lost or broken items, and any damages to the Property of any kind.
10. CLEANING: Premises will be delivered to Occupant in a professionally cleaned condition. Upon termination of occupancy, PCVP will arrange for a professional cleaning service to return property to same condition as before Occupants arrival, less any normal wear and tear. Occupant is responsible for cost of this cleaning. Cleaning fee is mandatory and nonrefundable. Occupant is responsible for leaving the home in the condition they found it in minus cleaning of towels, linens, bathrooms, and mopping/sweeping of floors and carpets. Any excessive cleaning necessary to bring home to condition before occupants arrival will be charged to the occupant.
11. NO PETS/ANIMALS:
Pets/Animals are not allowed unless approved by management. Additional fees may
apply for pets as outlined when booking property. If an unauthorized pet is on
the Premises, (i) Occupant is responsible for all damage caused by the pet,
(ii) Occupant, Authorized Guests, pet(s) and all others may be required to
immediately leave the Premises, or be removed from it, (iii) Occupant is in
breach of this Agreement.
12. NO SMOKING: No
smoking is allowed on the Premises. If smoking does occur on the Premises, (i)
Occupant is responsible for all damage caused by the smoking including, but not
limited to, stains, burns, odors and removal of debris; (ii) Occupant,
Authorized Guests, and all others may be required to immediately leave the
Premises, or be removed from the Premises; (iii) Occupant is in breach of this
13. NSF CHECKS: If a check is returned NSF, Occupant shall pay $50.00 as an NSF fee. Occupant agrees that this charge represents a fair and reasonable estimate of the costs Owner may incur by reason of Occupant`s NSF payment. An NSF check will result in cancellation of this Agreement if the required payment is not made by the applicable Payment Due Date.
14. CONDITION OF
PREMISES: Occupant shall, on arrival, examine the premises, all furniture,
furnishings, appliances, fixtures and landscaping, if any, and shall
immediately report, in writing, if any are not in operating condition, in
disrepair, or cleaned satisfactorily. Reporting repairs and/or cleaning issues
does not give Occupant the right to cancel this Agreement or receive a refund
of any payments made.
15. RULES; REGULATIONS: NO COMMERCIAL USE. Occupant agrees to comply with any and all rules and regulations that are at any time posted on the Premises or delivered to Occupant. Occupant shall not, and shall ensure that guests and licensees of Occupant shall not: (i) disturb, annoy, endanger, or interfere with other occupants of the building in which Premises is located or its neighbors; (ii) use the Premises for any commercial or unlawful purpose including, but not limited to, using, manufacturing, selling, storing, or transporting illicit drugs or other contraband; (iii) violate any law or ordinance; or (iv) commit waste or nuisance on or about the Premises.
16. MAINTENANCE: Occupant shall properly use, operate and safeguard the Premises including, if applicable, any landscaping, furniture, furnishings, appliances and all mechanical, electrical, gas and plumbing fixtures, and keep them clean and sanitary. Occupant shall immediately notify Management of any problem, malfunction or damage. Occupant shall pay for all repairs or replacements caused by Occupant, guests and licensees of Occupant, excluding ordinary wear and tear. Occupant shall pay for all damage to the Premises as a result of failure to report a problem, malfunction or damage in a timely manner. Occupant shall pay for repair of drain blockages or stoppages, unless caused by defective plumbing parts or tree roots invading sewer lines.
17. ALTERATIONS: Occupant shall not make any alterations in or about the Premises including, but not limited to, moving furniture, painting, wallpapering, adding or changing locks, installing antenna or satellite dish(es), placing signs, displays or exhibits, or using screws, fastening devices, large nails or adhesive materials.
Occupant shall not alter any Entertainment System(s) in any way. Any unplugging of installed components or tampering of any kind with installed system will result in additional charge to have professional return to regular functioning status.
A. Management and Managements representatives and agents have the right to enter the Premises, at any time, (i) for the purpose of making necessary or agreed repairs, decorations, alterations, improvements, for maintenance or to supply necessary or agreed services; (ii) to verify that Occupant has complied with the terms of this Agreement; or (iii) in case of emergency.
B. Management and Managements representatives and agents have the right to enter the Premises, upon reasonable notice, to show the Premises to prospective or actual purchasers, occupants, tenants, mortgagees, lenders, appraisers or contractors.
19. NO ASSIGNMENT OR
SUBLETTING: Occupant shall not assign any interest in this Agreement or sublet
any part of the Premises. If this Agreement is assigned or the Premises or any
part thereof is sublet, (i) Occupant, Authorized Guests, assignee(s), sublessee(s)
and all others may be required to immediately leave the Premises, or be removed
from it; (ii) Occupant is in breach of this Agreement.
20. UNAVAILABILITY: If
for any reason beyond the control of Management, the Premises is unavailable,
Management may substitute a comparable unit or cancel this Agreement and refund
in full all payments made by Occupant. Such Circumstances include but are not
limited to Owner Sale of Property, Construction/Re-Model, Double Booking, etc.
21. OCCUPANT`S OBLIGATIONS UPON TERMINATION OF OCCUPANCY:
Upon termination of occupancy, Occupant shall: (i) return all copies of all keys or opening devices to the Premises, including any common areas; (ii) vacate the Premises and surrender it to Management empty of all persons; (iii) vacate any/all parking and/or storage space; and (iv) deliver the Premises to Management in the same condition less ordinary wear and tear as received upon arrival.
22. PERSONAL PROPERTY AND INJURY:
A. Owner Insurance: Occupant`s or guests` personal property, including vehicles, are not insured by Owner or, if applicable, HOA, against loss or damage due to fire, theft, vandalism, rain, water, criminal or negligent acts of others, or any other cause. Owner/Management does not insure against personal injury to Occupant, guests or licensees due to any reason other than the condition of the Premises.
B. Occupant Insurance: Management recommends that Occupant carry or obtain insurance to protect Occupant, guests and licensees and their personal property from any loss or damage.
C. Indemnity and Hold Harmless: Occupant agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Owner and Management from all claims, disputes, litigation, judgments, costs and attorney fees resulting from loss, damage or injury to Occupant, Occupant`s guests or licensees or their personal property.
23. MEDIATION: Occupant agrees to mediate any dispute or claim arising out of this Agreement, or any resulting transaction, before resorting to arbitration or court action. Mediation fees, if any, shall be divided equally among the parties involved. Occupant agrees that any mediation shall take place in San Diego, CA.
24. MEGAN`S LAW DATABASE
DISCLOSURE: Notice: Pursuant to Section 290.46 of the Penal Code, information
about specified registered sex offenders is made available to the public via an
Internet Web site maintained by the Department of Justice at
www.meganslaw.ca.gov. Depending on an offender`s criminal history, this
information will include either the address at which the offender resides or
the community of residence and ZIP Code in which he or she resides. (Neither
Landlord nor Brokers, if any, are required to check this website. If Tenant
wants further information, Tenant should obtain information directly from this
25. JOINT AND INDIVIDUAL
OBLIGATIONS: If there is more than one Occupant, each one shall be individually
and completely responsible for the performance of all obligations under this
Agreement, jointly and individually with every other Occupant.
26. TRANSIENT OCCUPANCY:
Occupant is renting the Premises as a transient lodger for the number of days
reserved from Management who retains full legal, possessory and access
27. KEYS, LOCKS: Occupant acknowledges that locks to the Premises have not been rekeyed. If Occupant rekeys existing locks or opening devices, Occupant shall immediately deliver copies of all keys to Management. Occupant shall pay all costs and charges related to loss of any keys or opening devices. Occupant may not remove locks, even if installed by Occupant.
28. VIDEO SURVELLANCE: (Some units only) Occupant acknowledges that 24 hour videotaping of the exterior premises occurs on said property. Video footage will only be viewed in the case of (i) loss, (ii) vandalism, or (ii) any event related to personal injury of guest(s) and/or occupant(s).
29. ENTIRE CONTRACT:
Time is of the essence. All prior agreements between Owner and Occupant are
incorporated in this Agreement, which constitutes the entire contract. It is
intended as a final expression of the parties` agreement, and may not be
contradicted by evidence of any prior agreement or contemporaneous oral
agreement. The parties further intend that this Agreement constitutes the
complete and exclusive statement of its terms, and that no extrinsic evidence
whatsoever may be introduced in any judicial or other proceeding, if any,
involving this Agreement. Any provision of this Agreement that is held to be
invalid shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision
in this Agreement. The waiver of any breach shall not be construed as a
continuing waiver of the same or any subsequent breach. This Agreement shall be
governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California.
California shall have personal jurisdiction over the parties and the county in
which the Premises is located shall be the forum for any legal action brought
in relation to this Agreement.
In consideration of the right to visit the home, I hereby release to the fullest extent allowed by law, Owner and its Management, members, officers, associates, employees, agents, representatives, attorneys, assigns, and affiliates (collectively, the Affiliates) from all liability or responsibility of any kind whatsoever for any personal injury, death, property damage or other loss sustained by me, my minor children, any guest identified on this form, or any guest or person allowed onto the property during my rental dates as a result of my, my childrens or the guests participation in a visit to the home, due to any cause whatsoever, including without limitation negligence on the part of Owner or Management. I understand that this release will bind my heirs, administrators, executors, and any other person or entity seeking to claim under or through me.